Wednesday, February 11, 2009

People that encourage me!

I have been reading the blog of a man who is now kinda famous. His wife died within 24 hours of giving birth to their daughter because of a blood clot. And he has started this blog to map his and his daughters journey without their wife and mother. To relive the pain I think. To write out his confusion. Writing definately does that for me. But I think I saw today that he calls his blog readers creepy as a kinda joke about them wanting to read his blogs. Because there are thousands that read it. And I started thinking why is it that people like myself want to read some random man's blog about his wife dying and their little girl? And then I thought probably because when you read the terrible , horrific things that other people go through and yet they lean on God and they pull through every awful day, and they just keep on going, you catch on to it and whatever you are going through you realize that you aren't the only one and that no matter what you are gonna be able to see tomorrow . Tomorrow might not be better than today but I am always going to hope that it is. And just to know that your heart won't break of grief is amazingly satisfying to know. And these people I read about every day are the proof. Life is hard and it tries to get the better of you. But then you see these beautiful testimonies of people who refused to let it. They don't know what life brings but they are going to do the best with whatever it brings. And maybe because it is so refreshing to see someone do what people can't seem to do these days. He knew he had a daughter to take care of and he has done it with the utmost care of a mother. When these days most people would just given up he is picking up where He needs to and doing the job that He wasn't prepared to do. Being a single father . Trying to tell a baby girl all about her mother. The message that yes, you can go on one more day and yes it is worth it in the end.

No comments: