Friday, October 31, 2008

WHO ARE YOU, AND DOES ANYONE CARE!!!

I know what a weird thing to post. But it comes from something I have been thinking alot about lately. I think because of something someone said that I know. They said that while abortion and gay marriage and and a few other things that most Christians are against, were not personally right for this person, but, how could they tell someone else that those"Choices" weren't right for them because then they wouldn't be able to find themselves and be who they really are. I am paraphrasing but it was pretty close to that. And ever since then I have thought to myself how can someone really think that? I like to talk issues over with my mom because she's very smart and has been reading the Bible more years than I have been alive and she grew up with a really smart dad that was a preacher. So, I brought this up and we were talking about it and she said something that was so simple it would seem like everyone would know this but its seems obvious to me that they don't. She said, "people don't need to know or find out "who" they are. They need to find out who God is and then be like Him!!!!!" I tell you what people with shrinks and physcologists and everyone telling you that you need to find out who YOU are and you need to do what makes YOU happy, That struck me as so simple, who I am doesn't matter. Just because I have a tendacy to want to do certain things or because I am in a bad situation , doesnt mean that I can kill a baby. And This is especially true when I think of how God would view it. I want to be like God and he has given very specific directions about these issues. Thats the whole point of mercy and grace we aren't perfect, who we really are may not be a very nice person. We might need to change and be more like God, what if who you really are is Hitler and you just have to be who you really are? Or does it make more sense to say , I have faults and I have wants that God doesn't approve of and I am goiong to let Him take control of my life and help me to be more like Him? I just have a hard time letting it slip by when people basically insinuate that finding out who they are is more important than being who God is. I guess thats what is wrong with people today is that everything is about them and that is it they don't care about the baby they just killed as long as that was the right descision for THEM! Unbelievable!!!

2 comments:

My Life in Pictures said...

Great post Liss! Mom is pretty smart! (as are you!)

Anonymous said...

well dear sister. you hit on the subject that has haunted people through all time. do we have choices or does fate really exist and our lives are premeditated madness. who we are is NEVER . . . whats the word predestinated. I'm glad you have figured that out. love ya!