Thursday, September 11, 2008

So here it is!! 7 years ago today, our great nation was attacked by ruthless killers that payed no mind to the fact that their victims were moms and dads, and somebodies loved one. I was just a kid in school then.
I knew that it was an awful terrible thing but I never thought that it would affect me in the ways it has. I never thought that 7 years from that day , my husband would be a part of the United States military and that he would soon be helping fight this war on terrorism as it is now called.
And as I write this I am thinking of all the people I know and I can't think of very many people that haven't been affected by September 11th in some way. Our country has changed in many ways since that day. Security is something we think of in the highest regards. Gas prices are sky rocketing. And hearing about soldiers in the news at night has become a routine with us Americans.
And then this year ,here we are as a country about ready to make one of the most important choices in history. Who our president will be. In the days following 9/11 , I was so thankful that President Bush was our President. And through the last few years he had guided our country and kept us safe from harm.
So it is with great alarm that I think of Barrack Obama possibly becoming the president of the United States and My husbands Commander in Chief so to speak. For he has spoken that he will take the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan if he is elected. Mindless of our protection.
So on this memorial day for September 11th, I find myself praying and hoping that McCain is elected in November. Because as Obama's ads run it would be " more of the same" and I personally would be quite happy with 8 more years of no attacks on our country.